Canine Massage for Beginners,
Agility and Sporting Dogs
Canine Massage 1 Day Workshops
Both the Beginners Guide and the Sports and Agility Workshops are open to everyone from total beginners to those wanting to brush up their skills. The benefits of massage have been well documented in humans, however the same benefits can be enjoyed by dogs. On these 1 day workshops you will be shown 9 Swedish massage tecniques that can be so beneficial to your dog; loosening stiff, sore, tight muscles, improving their comfort levels and their sense of wellbeing. You will also learn some safe joint mobilisation to increase joint flexibility. Massage improves your dogs health and performance and supports orthopaedic conditions such as arthritis.
Canine Massage Beginners Guide 1 Day
This workshop is the perfect introduction into how dog massage can help your best friend at home! By the end of workshop you will be able to give your dog a Full Body 40 Minute Swedish Massage to help loosen stiff, sore, tight muscles, improve their comfort levels, mobility and sense of wellbeing. This is a calming, soothing day for both you and your dog.
You will learn:-
- How and why massage really works
- How to find bony landmarks and main muscle groups
- Tutorial 1: Learn & practice the fundamental massage techniques with your dog
- Tutorial 2: Learn how to perform Passive Movement – an amazing technique that helps to promote your dog’s mobility
- Tutorial 3: Learn and practice your K9 massage routine!
Canine Massage Sport and Agility 1 Day
This workshop is open to people who have never done massage before but want to help their sporting dog. Whether your discipline is agility, obedience, working trials or gundog work, this workshop is an absolute must for any owner or handler who considers their dog’s health paramount to their performance. You will be working with your own dog all day to learn:
- How massage works and why it can benefit your dog’s performance
- Common stress areas that can affect performance – catch them before they become a problem
- Tutorial 1: The Pre Event Warm Up Routine – how to get your dog warmed up & ready for action
- Tutorial 2: Post Event Cool Down Routine – how to soothe aching muscles, drain lactic acid and speed recovery
- Tutorial 3: Massage Maintenance at home – Maintain, Gain & Sustain
COURSE COST 2018
Enthusiasm and a willing dog
UK Rural Skills
Natalie Lenton, Dir. Canine Massage Therapy Centre
Jan 19 Sports and Agility (Sat)
March 2 Beginners Guide (Sat)
May 12 Sports &Agility (Sun)
June 8 Beginners Guide (Sat)
July 26 Sports & Agility (Fri)
Sept 8 Beginners (Sun)
Oct 12 Sports (Sat)
Oct 13 Beginners (Sun)
Nov 9 Beginners
If you want me to come and teach your club get in touch.
Emma Overend is a fully qualified Clinical Canine Massage Therapist and licensed to teach The Beginners Guide and Dog Massage for Agility and Sporting dogs 1 day workshops through The Canine Massage Therapy Centre. See About Us.
Found this course so interesting and informative and safe for the dogs. A must for dog owners!
Tel: 07958 656119
7 Amen Place
Northants NN14 4AU